The situation has been resolved.
Thank you to all of the people who helped report, sent emails and spread the word. The authors appreciate it, and the fandom appreciates it as well.
I'm reaching out to you today to ask that you please help report a plagiarist. Plagiarism affects us all, and we writers need to band together to assist one another when these things happen. Please, report these stories and share this post to get as many people working on this as possible.
The books have been stolen from indie authors, the character names changed, and then posted as the plagiarizer's own work on fanfiction.com. I have contacted the authors whose work was stolen and they're shocked and bewildered by this situation.
This situation has continued for five days (since Wednesday morning, the 6th), despite multiple reports to FFN. Thursday night, we reported another plagiarizer, and the stories were removed within hours. However, those authors were from the big publishing houses, and yes, I'm a little cynical that the indie authors haven't received as prompt attention as the authors from The Big Six.
I'm asking that you add your voices to the mix. Hopefully, if we can get enough complaints, we can get this situation rectified. To report the story, click on the plagiarized version in the links below. On the bottom left, there is a pull-down menu which allows you to report abuse. When the box pops up, select the option which states the story is not the property of the uploading user. Then, paste the URL of the real author's story in the box so they can easily confirm the plagiarism.
You need to report each story individually, unfortunately. FFN does not have an option for simply reporting a user. You can report the story as many times as you like.
You can also send an email to email@example.com. Put the tag "[Abuse]" in the subject field. You could include my list below to save time. Please note in your email that these are COPYRIGHTED stories being stolen and some of the authors are considering legal action if they're not removed promptly. Again, this situation has persisted for more than 48 hours, and FFN can find themselves legally culpable if they did not act to remove copyrighted material after they were made aware of it.
Thank you in advance for your help defending the rights of other indie authors.
After some research, we determined that fifteen of the sixteen stories on the plagiarist's profile were stolen from other authors: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2371294/Bella5755
1. “This One was Just Right” is stolen from She’s Just Right by Diane Darcy http://www.amazon.com/Shes-Right-Fairy-Romance-ebook/dp/B0055V3R1I/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_3
2. “An Unexpected Event” is stolen from Sophia Sharp http://www.amazon.com/Shattered-Dream-Realms-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B0056U9X20
3. “Second Chances” is stolen from The Doctor Wears a Stetson by Anne Marie Novarkhttp://www.amazon.com/The-Doctor-Wears-Stetson-Diamondback/dp/1479225703
4. “Vampire Lover Book 2” is stolen from Night Breed by Loraine Kennedy http://www.amazon.com/Night-Breed-Immortal-Destiny-Book/dp/1463793111
5. “Angel Eyes” is stolen from The Ylem by Tatiana Vila http://www.amazon.com/Ylem-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B004XTKGQW
6. “The Edge of Darkness” is stolen from Shades of Twilight by Martin Sharlow. http://www.amazon.com/Shades-Twilight-Martin-C-Sharlow/dp/1453773657/
7. “Are You Going to Kiss Me or Not” is stolen from Tuned into Love by Karen Jerabek: http://www.amazon.com/Tuned-In-Love-perfect-ebook/dp/B0053YIHHQ/
8. “Outlaw” is Indian Outlaw by Lorraine Kennedy http://www.amazon.com/Indian-Outlaw-Paranormal-Romance-ebook/dp/B004OL2XP6/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_4
9. “The One” is stolen from Vampire Mine by Paige Warren http://www.amazon.com/Vampire-Mine-ebook/dp/B004V9XTL8
10. “My Vampire Lover” is stolen from Born to Darkness by Loraine Kennedy http://www.amazon.com/Darkness-Immortal-Destiny-Series-ebook/dp/B004SOYUR8
11. “Dream Guy” is stolen from Meant To Be by Tiffany King http://www.amazon.com/Meant-Saving-Angels-book-ebook/dp/B004SCS6V6
12. “Shades of Twilight” is stolen from Jayden’s Faith by Emma Daniels: http://www.amazon.com/JAYDENS-FAITH-ebook/dp/B005LPVRJ2
13. “Haunted Cottage” is stolen from Ghost of a Chance by Emma Daniels http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Of-Chance-Emma-Daniels/dp/1409288838
14. “The Cursed Canyon: is stolen from Lost and Found by Lori Devoti http://www.amazon.com/Found-vampire-romance-bundle-ebook/dp/B003LSTE46
15. “Bella and the Royal Sheikh” is stolen from The Royal Sheikh by Katheryn Lane.
Again, thank you for your time and for supporting your fellow indie writers.